Monday 12 September 2011

A Week of Dress Up

The title of this post may confuse you. But for me it's self explanatory. I have been at big kid school, more widely known as college, for a week now and it feels a lot like dress up.
It's just different and so out of the ordinary.
Don't get me wrong, I love my roommates, we have had so many classic times, it seems like we've been here much longer than a week. I like having one of my best friends in the room next to me, it's like a everlasting sleepover having her with me. I like lighting candles with Duncan, and fighting about the dishwasher every single night. I like our cosmo posters, and SMD jar, and our home-y house decorations. I like my classes well enough. I like having Goose with me everyday. I like the change in scenery. 

It's just weird not having Ty yelling at me for being a terrible driver daily, or other variations of being useless. I miss our idle bickering over whose the favourite.
It's just not the same to not hear Gus blasting "Teach Me How to Dougie," "Take Your Shirt Off" or "Drunk on You" each and every morning, much louder than necessary. I miss how he always made a point of asking how my day was.
Very few people here know about my twin that is eleven years younger. I miss Lexi pestering me to paint her nails, jump on the trampoline with her or go see the kittens.
I miss my cows.
I miss Momma T asking me to do stuff, complaining about it, and doing it anyways. I enjoy cleaning our house in Red Deer just because it makes me feel better.
I miss Papa Billy's stories because frankly they are the best.

These are all the reasons it's been a week of dressup.  I guess I'm growing up, even though I want to deny it. But now I'm getting into the routine, and everything seems to be running smoothly.


No comments:

Post a Comment