Saturday 7 May 2011

Something to Be Proud Of.

I always knew I had the best parents but it seems they're really out doing themselves lately. I think back to all the times they drug my butt out at six on show morning and listened to me whine about whatever happened to be wrong it my life. I think about all the mornings they waited up until my two o'clock curfew when they really didn't have to. I think about all the times they told me I was wonderful when I felt like there wasn't a hope in the world.

All the hours and dollars spent on dance competition after dance competition. All the nights Momma T spent sewing elastics onto hats and my four pairs of shoes. All the dance recitals Papa Billy had to sit through when he could have been home babysitting his cows.

All the money spent chasing the junior cattle shows across the province. The entry forms Momma T had to double and triple check. All the calves Papa Billy had to help us halter break. All the summer days spent sardined into our camping trailer.

It seems that they have gotten much smarter in the last couple months because everything makes sense. They didn't have to do anything for my siblings or I but they always have. Since we were young we were rarely told no when it came to extra curricular activities. We don't tell our parents enough what everything they do means to us.

So here's a shout out to all the parents for all the effort they've put into making us who we are.
And a reminder for you to thank your parents for all the little things that make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment