Tuesday 10 May 2011

It's Where I Come From

I'm pretty hick in my home town. They call me the crazy cow lady. Some of my best friends at school just found out what I really went for Denver for (judging on the livestock team).
This is a shocker for someone like me, who has grown up from day one on a farm. I spent my childhood chasing after farm cats, learning to stay away from the tractors. I quickly found respect for the Momma Cow and the power of the baby calf in taking your breath away.
When you're out on your farm your siblings become your best friends and the dog is your playmate.
It's important to stay true to your rural roots and never hide from where you came from.
Spread your love ffor agriculture every chance you get, whether it's posting a picture of a newborn calf on facebook or telling your friends about how good the fresh air is at seven in the morning.

Lexi, my younger sister in her glory. She asks to tie up baby calves every night so she can lead this baby around. That smile is irreplaceable and her joy is undeniable.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic! And your message - definitely something I struggled with in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have said it better. It is a way of life not just a job.
    P.S love the blog keep up the good work.

    Hansonsranch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete