Monday 7 November 2011

The Truth About Being Foreign.

So originally when I knew I would be attending the National 4-H conference in Toronto I never really gave it much thought to be meeting people that were that different from me. You know the drill, we're all in 4-H, majority of us are involved in agriculture, we like to have a good time....
Then it hits me as we begin meeitng people, we are different. Even though we are all from North America, there are big differences....

Like those Sasky's.... Even though we share a border they have all these weird slang terms.
Points in question (which I learned in Weyburn in this summer but I like to bug them all about them)
1. Hoodie vs. Bunny Hug.... HAHAHAHA. I laugh everytime. A bunny hug, really?
2. Show Stick vs. Show Cane.... This is mostly just really unfair because I start to think about Christmas.

Then there were the Newfies...
They were fascinating from the start because of their wonderful accents.
The tried to teach us their slang, but all we got out of it was being called an unpainted car... and they told Goose she had a face like a wet boot...
They also actually swear like sailors.

Those were the most striking differences. It was super sweet to mingle with the 4-H elite from continent wide. Once again, the sponsors rock from providing us with the opportunity. I met so many people the fact I have a friend everywhere really rings true.


Ps: a big thanks to those who told me I had an accent, that still makes my life to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment