Sunday 7 August 2011

Most Successful Road Trip I've Ever Went On...

On Friday afternoon, my brother and two of our friends took a trek down to Provincial Judging in Vermilion. In reality this trip was supposed to start at four, but Travis decided he had to check out the calf crop, so we started about two hours later...

Taking this trip was definitely the highlight of my week even though these three boys requested haystacks (which I complied to) and that I drive on the way home (which for anyone who knows me, I don't like driving but it was Ty's truck).

We came out of the competition with three trips, Ty and Trav getting the trip I took last year to Denver, CO and I getting my senior agribition trip.

I'd like to take this oppotunity to thank all the organizers and sponsors, especially ATB Financial for providing all 4-H members with a chance like that. They award 17 trips at each Provincial Judging. I honored to have recieved my first choice trips both years, and know I am extremely lucky.

Me & One of the Guys Who Will Be Hitting Regina this Fall

With that being said, we got home about Midnight after the awards ceremony, packing and all our goodbyes. We head to our next show today, and we won't be back until next week sometime. This will be one of my last shows as an actual junior, as I am now done 4-H.

So with the summer already three quarters done, I don't know where the time has went. However I plan on making the best of the other 14 or so days I have left.

Safe travels and warm, good haying days to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment